Sunday, February 1, 2015

A castle in the sky...

Well, happy February everyone!
Hard to believe that the month of January has come and gone...
...where does the time go?

I have to say, I think I'm going a bit crazy...
(Okay, I'm being kind, I know I am A LOT crazy!)

Whenever I start crafting projects, I can never just stop at one.
(Hence my business, I couldn't just stop at one batch of candles!)
So of course, my cross stitching hobby has exploded!

It pretty much started with the Disney Princess project, which I like to call my "Castle in the Sky" project.
This piece is going to be a Christmas gift for my niece. (My husband's younger brother's daughter.)
Well, my niece has a younger brother (my nephew), so of course I can't just stitch something for her and do nothing for him...
...so, I started searching for something I could make for a 3 - 4 year old boy.

I had an idea pop into my head...
...I should find a "Wild Things" pattern!
(Then we can send the book and a couple stuffed animals to go along with the stitched pieces.)
So, I started searching Etsy...
...and I found these patterns.

(Picture courtesy of TinyNeedle.)

(Picture courtesy of TinyNeedle.)


 
Aren't they cute?!?!
I am really excited to start stitching them!
I'm even considering stitching them on black aida fabric, since the scenes do take place at night and I think it would turn out really nice.
(I can't believe I've never used black fabric before.)

Anyway, I ended up finding tons of adorable patterns and bought several!



I bought even more, but I won't post them all here!
If you haven't checked out TinyNeedle's Etsy shop, then you should pop in for a look!

----

So, with one set of Christmas presents decided, I started thinking about more...
(I really wish my brain would shut down at night, then I wouldn't get into so much trouble!)

I had a thought for my son's teacher...
Since, I gave her candles and smelly stuff this year, I wanted something different for next year.
(My son has the same teacher for 4th and 5th grade, since it is a very small school.)
My son's teacher is a fan of "Star Wars" and I found an adorable alphabet, featuring characters from the movies...

(Picture courtesy of CloudsFactory.)

I think it will make a terrific Christmas gift!

With this pattern, I do believe I am up to around 30 some projects, that I'd like to work on this year!
I am COMPLETELY CRAZY! :)

I really do hope to get the pieces done for Christmas, though.
(I am definitely going to work hard to get them finished.)

----

Well, I do have a picture of my own stitching...
...it is the progress I've made on the Disney Princess project.


I think it is coming along very nicely and I am enjoying working on it a lot!
I shouldn't have any problem getting it done in time for Christmas. (At least I hope not.)

...I do believe it is time for me to get back to stitching...
...especially with all the projects that need my attention!

I hope everyone is having a great start to the new month!

12 comments:

  1. You are going to be very busy! But all great projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some fun projects up and coming as well as the lovely progress on your castle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new stash. What is the name of Disney design and who is the designer? Looks like a fun stitch.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Linda!
    The piece is called Disney Princesses Clock and it is by Cloudsfactory.
    Here is a direct link to the pattern: http://cloudsfactory.net/disney-princesses-clock.html
    (I'm not planning to finish the piece as a clock, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. On my goodness. I just bought that chart a couple weeks ago but haven't started it yet. I'm not going to make it into a clock either. Thanks for the info. I think I will start mine this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new etsy shop :D Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome and thank you for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  7. These pictures are so cute :) bet your nephew will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for your nephew's Christmas present! And the colors on your Disney Princess project are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete