Monday, February 23, 2015

February IHSW Update...

Happy Monday everyone!
I hope everybody had a nice weekend...
...mine was filled with freezing cold temperatures and lots of stitching!
(There are benefits to being stuck inside, because of the weather.)

So, this weekend was the 'International Hermit and Stitch Weekend' and boy, did I stitch!

I started on Friday, with 'Sugar is Sweet' Sampler (from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery) and made some good progress...
 I was able to finish the entire alphabet!

Here is a reminder of what the finished piece will look like...

I will let you in a little secret, I actually started this piece 3 times...
I was planning to stitch it on evenweave/linen and did try 2 different types of fabric, but I just couldn't get it to work right. (I was having a really tough time keeping the stitch count correct.)  So, I put the 2 different pieces of linen away and went back to Aida fabric, since I knew I could get that one right!
I will definitely come back to my linen pieces, but just not as gifts! (At least not until I get some more practice under my belt!

On Saturday, I moved to the Disney Princess piece (by CloudsFactory)...
...this is where I left off on the piece...

And, here is the progress I made...
Almost have a complete castle!
(I should have made it farther, but I kept ripping bits out, because the stitching just wasn't laying correctly.  I think I've become too much of a perfectionist with this piece!)

Then on Sunday, I worked on the Star Wars Alphabet (by CloudsFactory)...

I'd actually finished Anakin (the character on top) last week, but forgot to post an update.
Here is a close-up of him...

Yesterday I started on (and almost finished) Boba Fett...
Hope to have him finished today...
...then I'll have 2 characters down and only 24 more to go!

Well, that was my weekend...
pretty productive, if I do say so myself!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!

18 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely stitching and progress for IHSW. I'm glad you got the frustration of the linen out of your system and are happy back working with aida. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad about the linen, I hope you give it a try again sometime in the future. Great progress on all your WIPs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I am planning on returning to linen, just not for the gifts I currently have planned.
      (Hopefully any gifts I make for 2016 will be on linen!)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful progress on all your projects Carrie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linen definitely takes some getting used to. Great progress on all your wips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching! Well done :o)
    Keep going with linen.... it really is worth it! I used to only stitch on Aida, and then I ventured onto 28ct evenweave and now I stitch mainly on 32ct linens.... I love the look and now on the odd occasion when I have to stitch on Aida I find that I don't really enjoy it! PS: be warned though once you start on linen all of a sudden you will find yourself buying all those beautiful hand dyed fabrics..... ♥♥ :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noni!
      I will definitely keep trying with the linen and I'm sure I'll love it, once I get the hang of it.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WIPs are looking great, Carrie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress!! I am loving the colors of that castle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did wonderfully well. Interesting group of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stitching on all your designs. Have you tried "railroading" your stitched to make them lay more smoothly? I find just doing it with the top leg really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo!
      Yep, I have been railroading the top stitch, but sometimes it just doesn't seem to work quite right. I keep at it, though! :0)

      Delete