Sunday, February 15, 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness, Update #1....

I don't know how I missed this SAL last month, but I did...
(I must not have been playing very close attention to what everyone was posting.)
Anyway, I caught it this month!

I saw so many wonderful post about the "gifted gorgeousness SAL", that I just had to check it out...
...and, am I glad I did!  This SAL is perfect for me, since I have lots of stitchy projects, that are going to be gifts.
I'm sure this SAL will help keep me motivated to stitch till my fingers fall off!
(If you would like more information about the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL, please check out the blog Serendipitous Stitching.)

So, since is the 15th of the month...
...it is time for my first post!

I've been working quite a bit on the Disney Princess piece and have made some good progress on the castle...

And, a close-up...

I think is is shaping up quite nicely!

---

Last night I started work on one of the Wild Things pieces...
(This is what the piece will look like when it is finished.)

And, this as far as I got...

Not a ton of progress yet, but it is coming along!
(I had a blast stitching this piece, since I've never worked with black fabric before.
I'm really glad I read other stitchers' blogs before I started, because I knew I would need lots of light, in order to see the holes...
...saved myself a huge headache!)

Well, that is it for now...
...now, to decide what to work on tonight....

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. The castle looks great and I love your new start Carrie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that GG visit, good idea to post the finished work give me fun to find the part you started. (have not think to the middle first oups). Great to find new blogs with this SAL. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun projects! The castle is looking good and your wild new one is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute projects.. and the castle is looking sweet.. ;) look forward to see how that finishes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely progress. I've only stitched on black once and found a white pillowcase on my lap made all the difference for seeing the wholes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cath!
      I'm currently using a desk lamp, with a daylight bulb. It is sitting on the floor and lighting up my xstitch piece from underneath. That seems to be working pretty good!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I really like the Wild Things design, that would be great as something different for a child's room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo!
      I certainly hope my nephew will like the piece!

      Delete
  8. The Wild Things pattern is so cute! It is going to look great on that black fabric :)

    ReplyDelete