Wednesday, February 4, 2015

WIPocalypse Update #2...

The time has come for another WIPocalypse update...
This month's question (talking point) was...
How do you overcome that feeling that you’re in a rut with a particular project?
Usually, when I felt in a rut, I would set the piece aside and come back to it at a later date. (Honestly, there are some projects I just gave up on all together.)
But now, I've begun rotating projects (thanks to all these wonderful challenges) and that has really helped me to keep working on all the pieces I want to finish.
Having this blog is also helping to motivate me through the rough patches, because I really want to be able to write up new posts...
In order to due that, I have to stitch!

WIPocalypse Finish:
Earlier this month, I finished my Scooby Doo project!


My first finish of the year!
I can't wait to frame it and hang it my craft room, whenever I get my craft room finished! ;)


 
WIPocalypse Progress:
1) Craftways, "Kitties Kristmas Ornaments" (set of 6 ornaments)

Progress as of 1-7-2015...

Progress as of today (2-4-2015)...
He finally has ears!
I do believe I am on the downward slope of this ornament...
I'm hoping to have it finished soon.

2) "Welcome Owls"
by: SewingSeed on Etsy
Progress as of 1-7-2015:
None, I hadn't started the piece yet.
Progress as of today (2-4-2015):
 One owl is all done!  Only two more to go...
...and of course, the "Welcome" part.

3) "Wipe Your Paws"
Designed by: Diane Arthurs
Progress as of 1-7-2015:
Progress as of today (2-4-2015):
The bottom border is all done and my kitty has the start of his tail!

4) Janlynn, " 'Tis the Season" kit...
Progress as of 1-7-2015:
None, I hadn't started it yet.
Progress as of today (2-4-2015):
 Not too much to show, but it is a start.

5) Janlynn, "Enjoy God's Work" kit...
Progress as of 1-7-2015:
 None, I hadn't started it yet.

Progress as of today (2-4-2015):
I had a lot of fun starting this project!
I think it going to stitch up really nice.

6) Janlynn, "Snow Globe Penguins" kit...
Progress as of 1-7-2015:
None.  It hadn't been started yet.
Progress as of today (2-4-2015):
 I had so much fun working on this piece!
I'm really looking forward to seeing it progress.

So, that is the progress I've made on my WIPocalypse projects!

WIPocalypse Changes:
I have decided to switch a few of my projects...
I am going to take Dimensions kit, "Christmas Morning Pets", Dimensions kit, "Daydreams" (kit contains designer mat, glass and stitchery) and Bucilla, "Love You Always" kit out of the rotation.  I'm replacing them with TWO "Where the Wild Things Are" patterns (by: TinyNeedle) and the "Star Wars" alphabet (by: Cloudsfactory).
Why?
Well, the replacement pieces are going to be Christmas gifts, so I need the push to stitch on them A LOT and I figured this would be the best way!
Plus, I hadn't started any of the other kits, so I figured now was the best time to make any changes.

So there you have it, lots of stitching...
Hope everyone is having a great week and thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

22 comments:

  1. Great progress! Love the Scooby Doo characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful stitching, Carrie, congrats on your first happy dance of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the projects your working on Carrie. Wonderful progress on them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many fabulous starts and I really like the Scooby Doo finish! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scooby doo! I can't get over how cute that pattern is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying at the Scooby-Doo!! Soo adorable!! And I absolutely love the Kitties Kristmas Ornament. Great pieces, and you made good progress on each.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish .. it looks great. Love the 'wipe your paws' project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Scooby Doo project. Congrats on the finish. (Found your blog through GYB)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great progress!! And I so love that Scooby Doo finish :)

    ReplyDelete