Friday, March 27, 2015

Boy, am I behind...

Well, what can I say...
...I am behind on posting updates!  
Work has been pretty busy these last few weeks and I haven't had much spare time, so I'm afraid I fell way behind in posting...
(I'm definitely going to have to try harder, to keep the blog up to date in the future!)

So, I am late with my TUSAL update #3...
but, I do have one to share!

Here is a look at my jar...

A few close-ups of all the ORTs...


Lots of pretty thread!

...

Gifted Gorgeousness, update #2...
(Definitely way behind on this one!)

For this update, I concentrated on the woodland sampler piece...
...I decided to change the fabric on this piece, so I had to put in lots of work, to get caught up.

This is a picture of the 2 different fabrics...
...the darker one (the one on top) is the original one I started with and the lighter one (the one on the bottom) is the one I switched to. 
I really like the new fabric!  The color is a dark beige and it has darker brown swirls in it, which I really like.
(I'm planning to finish both pieces (probably not at the same time), since I know of someone else that would really like the finished piece.)

Anyway, here is a close-up of my progress on the piece...
I think it is coming together nicely!

...
March IHSW Update...
I did participate in the March IHSW, but just didn't get a chance to post...
(Honestly, I didn't get to stitch as much as I wanted.)

I decided to work on the Star Wars sampler...

The Boba Fett character is finished and I started on the Luke character...
...not a ton of progress, but at least there is some!

....

So, what have I been busy with...
well, I've made a couple new painted mason jars sets...


(This is my favorite new set!  I just love how it turned out.)

I've also been busy with orders...
...which is great, since it is my son's birthday this weekend and extra money is always welcome around present time!

So, my stitching time has been limited, but I am hoping to get back into stitching more soon!
(My orders are almost finished.)

Well, I hope everyone is has a great weekend and a great start to spring!

15 comments:

  1. I love your painted mason jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely progress and lovely jars. No need to apologise for being late either - it's a trend many stitchers follow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The GG link up post is always open until the last day of the month. Or you can be early for April!

    It must be hard when you have so many different crafting hobbies! That's why I don't start knitting or crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your jars are cute and I like the darker fabric better. Nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the color of the fabric you switched to on the woodland sampler. Your orts look wonderful, such a pretty mix of colors :) And your new jars are so cute. I just love the HOP set.

    ReplyDelete