Sunday, January 4, 2015

Stitching Update #1...

Wow, four straight days of posts...
That is amazing for me!
I have to admit that I probably won't be able to keep this pace, but I plan to enjoy it, while it lasts.

So, I have some updates on my Scooby Doo project...


Three complete characters all done!
(I am having a lot of fun working on this project.)


I can't wait to finish it.  I think it will look adorable.
(Note to self, taking pictures at night, not a good idea!  Picture taking definitely works better in the daylight, with lots of light.)

~~~~

I started a new project last night...


I am going to try my hand at making a biscornu!


I've adored the different biscornu patterns and finished projects, but I never thought I could make one.  I figured they were sewn together and sewing is not one of my strong suits. (Honestly, I can't sew at all, not even a button.)
But, I looked through a couple tutorials and thought I would give it a try.
(I'm crossing my fingers, hoping it will turn out all right.)

I had picked out one pattern to try, but of course, I ended up buying 4 new patterns. (I just can't help myself.)
I decided to start with an easy one, all whole stitches...
Of course, I've all ready made a mistake and had to pull out half my stitches. (That's what I get for stitching when I'm tired.)
Anyway, I am excited to get it all stitched up!
(If you would to the find this pattern, you can get it at The Floss Box.)

~~~~

Since I decided to start a new project, I had to search through my floss collection...
So, I decided to pull out all my cross stitch stuff.
(I've been seeing so many fellow stitchers posting about their stashes, so I thought I would join in the fun!)



I couldn't get over all the stuff I had!  I've never pulled it all out like this before, so I was quite surprised.


In my defense, not all the stuff is mine.  Some of it was my mom's collection, which I inherited.

With all this stuff, I have a question for my fellow stitchers...
How do you de-stash?
I would like to get rid of a few charts and books, but I'm not sure how to go about it...
I really don't care to sell the stuff on Ebay, so I'm at a loss of what to do.
Any tips or ideas would be great!

Well, I believe I have procrastinated cleaning my house for long enough...
Hope everyone has a great day and a fantastic upcoming week!
 

4 comments:

  1. Cute projects. Don't be discouraged if your first biscornu seems difficult to assemble. After my first one, I swore I'd never do another one. I have, though! Three more. It's fairly easy once you get the hang of if.

    Destashing... Are you on Facebook? There are several stash selling groups. I have a personal page that I sell my stash. I also have stash-for-sale blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meari, I'm sure I'll be pulling my hair out when I start the assembling process.
    Thanks for the tip about Facebook! I will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your biscornu assembly. It really is pretty easy. I've made 2 ... if I can do it, so can you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcy!
      I'm hoping the assembly progress will go well!

      Delete