Friday, September 4, 2015

I have stitching...

So for once, I actually have some stitching progress to show....
...shocking I know! :)

Well, I honestly can't believe that it is September all ready...
...school has started and I've begun thinking about all the cross stitch Christmas presents I had planned...
And, I am failing pretty bad on that front.

So, I've started working on plan B.


I found several small designs in my Cross Stitch Crazy magazines and figured I would turn them into sets of coasters.

I decided to start with some cottage designs (I've always wanted to stitch these) and I even finished one!

 The pattern comes from Issue 176 of Cross Stitch Crazy.
It is number 19 from the 50 (New Home) Gift Ideas section.

Once the cottage was done, I moved to another small design...

It's not quite done yet, but I'm pretty close to having it finished.
The pattern is from Issue 165 of Cross Stitch Crazy and is part of the Flower Power section.
I changed the colors slightly, because I didn't them all on hand...
...I'm not sure I am completely happy it, but we'll see how it looks when it is finished.

Well, that is about it from my neck of the woods!
I am definitely hoping to keep stitching and get some Christmas gifts finished.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!




9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cute finish and I love your new start Carrie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to do some coasters too for Xmas gifts:) Keyrings are also a quick and easy thing to stitch:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! I'll have to look into doing some key rings and other small items.

      Delete
  3. Pretty designs! Now you got me thinking of opening my old magazines for designs, haha. Have fun stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gominam! I had a lot of fun looking through all my magazines; of course, I ended up with another list of patterns I would like to work on! ;)

      Delete
  4. Coasters are great presents, people can use them or display them. Love the little cottage design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little cottage! Great idea to make them into coasters :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website. thank for sharing the link.

    หนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete