Sunday, May 14, 2017

May Stitching Update...

As promised, a STITCHING UPDATE....
I did take a little time away from stitching, due to the new puppy, but I found I really missed it and my stress level shot threw the roof! (Stitching really helps me de-stress.)

So, up first, a finish...
My April fairy is all done!
(I did start the May fairy, just haven't gotten a picture of her yet.)

I also started my April magazine project...
"Sweet Heart"... by Emma Congdon
Issue 301 of Cross Stitcher magazine

I am enjoying stitching this piece, but I found my fabric (which I dyed using tea) was starting to turn a different color.  It must be due to the oils in my hands, so I have to wear gloves when I work on this piece.

And, that is where I stopped stitching for a bit...

Mario's Easter Basket...
This piece got me back to stitching...
I loved the bright colors and it was a lot of fun to work on.
(I actually finished it in five days.)
The piece was designed by CapesAndCraft on Etsy.

From there, I moved on to a mermaid, designed by Durene Jones...

Very glad to have the tail finished, as it was a lot of work...
...definitely looking forward to putting in some more stitches.

I pulled out my Dragon Age: Inquisition characters and finished up one more...
(Three down, I believe 10 to go...)

And lastly, I started working on a cute, little geisha girl...

I am hoping to have her finished this weekend.
I absolutely love her and her bright colors! (Something about bright colors lately, I can't seem to resist.)
Piece designed by iamnotadoll on Etsy.

Well, that is what I've been up...
...lots of fun projects and I am hoping to pull out some more WIPs (maybe even finish a few).

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!





10 comments:

  1. Pretty little crosses Carrie! Your kokeshi doll is already looking adorable and the mermaid would fit perfectly with the UTS SAL I am working on, which is also designed by Durene :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ingrid!
      I love the UTS SAL, it is so very pretty!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on all of the cute finishes Carrie. Love your other projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had such a great variety of stitching projects to share. I love Mario's little basket and as always thank you for sharing all the links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melinda!
      I love sharing all the designers that I find on Etsy.

      Delete
  4. Lots of lovely little crosses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching! I hope you're enjoying the new puppy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on all of the cute finishes Carrie. Love your other projects.

    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete