Friday, February 5, 2016

February Stitching Update...

Happy Friday everyone...
...I hope everybody had a great week.

I have to be honest, it was pretty long day today...
...This cross stitch pattern sums up my day!
(This pattern is definitely on my list of ones that I would like to complete.  If you like it, you can find the pattern at SpruceXStitch on Etsy.)

Anyway, on to some actual stitching...
I started my February ornaments and have made some pretty good progress.
 Up first, the Halloween ornament...
 This month's theme is "Monsters and Mummies"...
...I chose Frankenstein's monster from The World of Cross Stitching magazine (October 2015 issue).
And my Christmas ornament...
 The theme this month is "snow"...
...might be a little hard to tell what it is, but is going to be a polar bear in the snow.
(The pattern is from the Cross Stitch Favourites magazine.)
And lastly, a Star Wars alphabet update...
-where I left off-
-where I am now-
...three new characters have been added...


I think the piece is coming along nicely...
...my only issue that a few 'mystery' stains have appeared.  I tried cleaning a couple of the more noticeable ones and I think I got them, so I am hopeful that the project will still turn out well.

Well, I am off to get dinner ready and work on some more stitching (I think I will start on my smalls SAL piece).
I hope everyone has a great weekend.


7 comments:

  1. Ooooh...you enabler, you! I just went over to Etsy and wow does that shop have some cute patterns! Your starts look fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudette!
      LOL! I have found so many cute patterns in Etsy shops; I don't think I'll ever run out of projects. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely stitching Carrie. Your green face looks fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel!
      I have really enjoyed stitching "Frankie".

      Delete
  3. Great little starts. I hope the stains stay away, that design is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mii!
      I am definitely going to be more careful with that piece. I would be heartbroken if anything happened to it.

      Delete
  4. Great job on the cute halloween ornie. These characters are so adorable:)

    ReplyDelete