Monday, February 20, 2017

February Update...

Hello everyone, as promised, I am back with a stitchy update...

Around the first of the month, I picked my project for the Monthly Magazine SAL...
...I decided to work on "Snowflake Sale", from the February 2016 issue of Just CrossStitch magazine.
I've been working on the piece off and on throughout the month and this is what it looks like so far...
With only 8 days left in the month, I don't think I'll finish the piece...
...but, you never know.

I've also put in a few more rows on my temperature block sampler...
(This is through January 20th.)

I decided to mix in a few small projects, so I wouldn't get bored and I love being able to finish a piece in a couple of days...
One of the Neko Atsume cats (Snowball)...
(There are actually a lot of counting errors in this little kitty, but I think it still turned out okay.)

Then, I decided to stitch some cute fairies, for each month...
...I started with February.

And March...
I absolutely love the fairies!  They are so cute and very quick to stitch.
(Patterns are from here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/lucieheaton )

Then, I came across the cutest Sherlock pattern...
I couldn't resist, two of my favorite things, cats and Sherlock...in one!

Lastly, I pulled out my woodland foxes...
(I believe I started them last May)
...and finished them.
I did make a slight change, I used variegated floss for the leaves around the arbor. 
I have lots of variegated floss and never quite know what to do with it, so I thought this project would be a good fit.

Lastly, I did some more fabric dying...
They were all dyed with Dylon's brand dye, in powder form...
...I just pulled them out at different intervals.

I am hoping to try out some liquid dyes in the coming weeks.

Well, that is what I've been up to...
...hope everyone is having a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been a busy bee so far this month and made great progress. Your dyed fabric looks scrummy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all of the adorable finishes Carrie. I love the fabric you dyed. I haven't been brave enough to try that yet.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finishes are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric dying!!!
    Love the cute fox finish and the little fairies :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. D'oh!!! Of course I meant :)!!!! Not :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabric. I am so nervous to try this at home. You did a great job. So many wonderful stitching projects. Thanks so much for sharing the links to all the shops

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous fabric dyeing, such lovely colours.
    Lots of little stitches you have been putting into your nice projects. The little fairies are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, your dyed fabric looks gorgeous! I love the colors you've chosen. You've also been so busy stitching! Great little projects :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all adorable! Good luck with your selection. Hopefully you won't get a pup who has a taste for chewing cross stitch stash! :)

    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fabric dying!!!Love the cute fox finish and the little fairies :(

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete